Coming out on the 8th March

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coming out on the 8th March

The wife and I are set to hit the slopes of Arinsal on the 8th March for a week, Staying at St Gothard.

Just a couple of questions -

1: What will the snow be like then? Is anymore due before, or during? Have seen that some rain is due over the next week (Metcheck)

2. Is the St Gothard any good? Would of liked to be closer to the gondola, but a 10min hike aint to bad (plus the ski bus) especially for the price we got through the agent.

3. Carrying ski's etc back and forth to the hotel will be a hassle, are there ski lockers at the gondola, and if so how much do they cost for the week? And does the ski bus have ski holders inside/outside to hold said ski's???

Cheers in advance, really looking forward to my first ski holiday in 4 years....

Martin
    • Hi Martin

In answer to your questions ...

1) The snow at the moment is lovely, and the sun is shining! There isn't any more snow forecast for the next week, but the base is between 1.3 and 2 metres so there's plenty of snow on the mountain. Even if it rains in the village it usually snows on the mountain, but the odd bit of rain is normal when it comes to skiing in March. Shouldn't affect the slopes too much as the pistes are groomed well here.

2) The St Gothard is a nice and friendly hotel. The rooms are nice and the food is good, plus there's a sauna too. As for the walk up to the gondola, it's not too bad, plus it's downhill at the end of the day!

3) There are lockers up on the slopes that cost €54 for the week and hold up to 4 sets of equipment. If you want, there is a free locker at the hotel, and the bus will have a space underneath for your equipment.

Steve
    • Thanks Steve,

I was just a little concerned about the rain, I have not skied in europe for many many a year and the wife never has (she has only skied in Canada and has only ever experienced the Canadain fluffy stuff).

Still looking forward to coming out for a week, even if im still a little apprehensive about the rain - PLEASE PLEASE turn the predicted rain in to new fluffy snow (time for the snow dance for the next 11 days)