Its a Confidence Thing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Its a Confidence Thing

Hi

Coming to Arinsal on the 1st of March..... couple of questions

1. What is the real time it takes to transfer from Tolouse to Arinsal, I have heard from 3 to 6 hrs(scary) what is the true approx time it takes.
      2. There is a group of six of us mainly intermmediate but my wife has a bad fall in Courchevel 1650 last year dislocating her coccyx(instrycter took her to the top on first day down a Red..... fool) took us all week to get her confidence back. Never thought I would be skiing again..... thank god we talked her in to it on the basis Arinsal was good for beginners/intermediates...

Its purely a confidence thing...... in Courchevel some of the blues were really steep, surprised me sometimes.. what are the slopes like in Arinsal based on the above...... what are my chances of building up the confidence of my wife.... think this is last chance saloon fingers crossed :S
    • You'll have no problem!!!

I did the same sort of thing a couple of years ago - went to La Plagne and dislocated my shoulder on a patch of grass that was in the middle of a piste!

Confidence is an issue for me too, but Arinsal slopes are just great!!!

Tell her it'll be ok ... John the Alien says so! :thumbup:
    • Confidence thing...

Hi Maverick, welcome to the site etc...

I agree with John, should be no probs. The classification of 'runs' seems slightly different in Andorra to the rest of Europe (FIS approved runs may be the exception), easy reds, super easy blues and lots in-between. There are plenty of 'confidence-building' runs in all three of the resorts that your Vall-Nord pass allows you to explore. In Arinsal, the three runs accessible from Les Fonts chairlift should be easy enough (La Solana, Les fonts and Port Vell); nice and wide, not steep at all, loads of space etc.

I empathise with the coccyx injury, fractured mine 2 years ago when I wiped out on some ice ;( Hurt like hell for weeks ! Never 'hit' the slopes these days without impact protection shorts :D

Enjoy ! 8)
    • Cheers for the input guys..... really looking forward to it.

Will always have fear of the missus enjoyment in my head but sure we will have a great time.

Anyone any update on the transfer from the airport to the resort. With the back problem missus isnt supposed to sit down for longer than 1hr 30 min. Havent told how long it takes yet :evil: . Hope they dont mind some standing time on the coach lol
    • The rest stop most travel agents use is rubbish, steak and chips in a bagette or cheese roll at best , so don't rely on it if you are hungry
      there are loo's there though and you can get a drink but the queue's can be quite long, best job is to bring your own grub or wait until you get to Arinsal as the restaurants are very good and some serve at all hours (quo vadis).
      You all will have a great time Arinsal is a top resort
      Luke
    • I have found the slopes pretty good in Arinsal before, but if there is not much snow (not like now) it can get pretty icy on the right hand (looking down from the top) side near the chairlift that takes you up to the Pal/Arinsal gondola. Just wear a helmet & wrist guards & ski/board to your level & I'm sure you will have a great time! I always have done in Arinsal.
    • The 'Rest-Stop'

Have to agree with Luke, the rest-stop is 'dire', maybe the coach drivers are on some kind of incentive to stop there. Not much more to add, except it's only useful as an opportunity to stretch your legs :huh: