22nd March

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Booked today for 22nd march for 7 of us, 3 at poblado, 4 at san andreu, 4th time for me to arinsal in 5 years 2nd time at Poblado, cannot wait.
      Tells the twins at the Derby to pratice their bouncing coin into glass game, cause i am on top form!!!!!!!!!!

Luke
      Happy new year!
    • Hi Steve, as you are the font of all knowledge, do you know if there are any ski/boarding comps on w/c 22nd March? When we have been before around this time UFO put something on which meant lots of parties! I'm not up to their level on the slopes but the atmosphere was really great as the party was at a different bar each night. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers. Danny
    • We'll be out on the 22nd too, flying from Manchester with crystal into toulouse. Can't wait, Becky's first time and my return to boarding after 5 years off. Looking forward to some good skiing and a good chill out in the sun. Will be staying at the Micolau.

One question for Steve, do the hire shops rent helmets and any idea of rough cost for a week...might just buy in the sales if I can, having an xl head means there might be a few left.

Roll on a week sunday, can't wait :oD
    • Just back from Arinsal, had a wicked time. Stayed at Poblado & as usual Danny, Kevin & the girls (Gemma, Lynsey & Chloe) were very accomodating. The resort was really quiet but Quo Vadis was normally busy. The rooms were clean, secure & as close to the gondola as you can get, keeping walking to a minimum!
      Found the food in El Moli to be probably the best around, not one bad dish between us in there. Had good nights in El Cau & Ciscos with the workers finishing up for the season.
      The slopes were empty, like having your own ski slope, they was a bit icy in the morning but improved during the day & it snowed on the Saturday. Took a trip over to Pal for the day which was good as quite varied & visited Arcalis which was the nuts, loads of snow & loads of runs. Had a look in the cave at the Stalagmights which was unexpected.
      Only gripe I have is that the strength of the Euro meant it was pretty expensive out there as the exchange rate was 1 for 1. Other than that, I can't fault the resort. The people were great & the snow was really good, I would recommend Arinsal to anyone as the links to Pal opens it up to the more advanced skiier & the snow parks are far more challenging than in previous years.
      I would also choose Poblado again as the location is second to none. Also, we met Steve from arinsal.co.uk in the bar!!

Danny.