Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
  • :Dblue
  • :O
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 4

• Hi Wayne,

The winds have calmed down and the resort is back to being 100% open today. If you follow our twitter account @arinsal, we post a daily snow report every morning that informs you of how many runs are open that day.

With regards to what clothing to pack, we always recommend bringing thermals and jumpers because you can always take layers off but you can't put them on! Although temperatures will never reach as cold as -20c, it does still get particularly cold at the very top of the mountain at times!

We look forward to seeing you later this week - pack your sunnies! :)

Many thanks,
    Olivia
  • Many thanks for the prompt response. Wind! I should have realised.

Looking forward to coming, about to rethink our clothing from our usual mid-winter gear, given the local temperatures at the moment. It's been a while since I boarded in full sunshine. More used to -20c in Banff.
  • Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The reason some of the runs and chairlifts were closed today were due to the high winds. For the past week, the resort has been 100% open even though it is getting warmer in resort. This is due to the several snow cannons that Vallnord have invested in, which help to provide good conditions to ski on all season long.

Many thanks,
    Olivia
  • Lift and Piste Closures - 4 Feb 2020

Wayne

Hello,
    I'm coming for a week with the family (8 year old beginner) to Arinsal on 9 Feb 2020. I've been watching the webcams for a couple of weeks but today I see that a lot of the lifts and runs are closed. Is this due to the lack of snow or something else?

There's not a lot that can be done but will my daughter still get a good skiing experience if it doesn't snow again?

Thanks,