Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
  • :Dblue
  • :O
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 12

• Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your message,

Your ski hire shop would depend on the hotel where you are staying as Neilson works with different ski hire companies. We only work with St Moritz equipment shops which offer ski lockers at the top of the gondola (on the slopes) and the price is 8€ per day (fitting 4 equipments).

If you would like to book a locker at the St Moritz shop on the mountain, please, contact us e-mailing info@andorraresorts.com specifying the dates and number of people so we can confirm you availability,

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question,

Kind regards,
    Esther
  • Thanks all

Esther, do you know who provide ski equipment on behalf of Neilson as we've prepaid. It may be better booking a locker in town. Our hotel does have storage but I've read somewhere its €7 per set per night, ouch?
  • Hi,

Thanks for your message,

If the mountain decided one day in advance that they with shut because of the conditions, we will inform all our customers to recommend you to bring down your equipment so you can use it in Pal area the day after.

However, if the mountain decides that they will close in the morning, it depends on the conditions but usually, they leave open the chairlift Josep Serra (next to Hotel Patagonia) so the people can go up the mountain to pick up the equipments and go down.

If the wind is too strong and they are not able to open this chairlift usually Vallnord offers a different solution as bring down all the equipments by trucks, etc.

As you see the procedures might change depending on the situation, so it is hard to predict what will exactly happen. In any case, we will inform you at all times if you are in resort.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question,

Kind regards,
    Esther
  • I was there the first week of January and the Arinsal slopes were shut for 3 days. We were given warning on the Tuesday and told to take our skis down with us on the Tuesday afternoon. I know some people didn't take their stuff down and then couldn't get it. On the Wed, Thurs and Fri we had to get the bus over to Pal and skied there
  • Hi

We are in the Montane opposite the main gondola at the end of Feb. What happens if the slopes are closed there due to hign wind, snow. Can we still get to our gear if they are up there?

M
  • Hi,

As I said in my previous message we work with the St Moritz hire shops and they have 3 different locations in Arinsal. They have one shop on the slopes, one near the bottom of the gondola and one next to the bottom of the chairlift (Hotel Patagonia). As all of them is the same company you can collect the equipment in the one at the bottom and then get a locker at the shop of the slopes to storage it. You can book your equipment here.

Please, let me know if you have any other question,

Kind regards,
    Esther
  • ski/boot hire on Sunday afternoon/storage

One Two Three

Thanks for your replies guys. If we can't get up the lift on Sunday afternoon , I've found that there are a couple of hire shops near the bottom of the gondola, so one of them will be able to fix us up with hire and storage within a warm area.
    Can't wait.
  • Hi I always use these lockers and keep my ski’s and boots in there and my boot always dry nicely. The locker room is always really warm and i never have a problem. I stayed at the Besoli for the first time this year and agree you need to keep your equipment at the top of the mountain
  • Hi,

The lockers fit up to 4 equipments.

The lockers are inside of the hire shop, however, they don't have any additional heating inside the locket for boot drying.

Please, let me know if you have any question,

Kind regards,
    Esther
  • ski/boot hire on Sunday afternoon/storage

One Two Three

Thanks for that. But, one other point that I asked about. Are the lockers heated in any way, for boot drying, otherwise we'll end up carting them back to Xalet Besoli to dry, defeating the object somewhat? I assume that the lockers will take three sets of gear?
    Looking forward to it now.