Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
  • :Dblue
  • :O
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 5

• Driving from Barcelona

Bob UK

Thanks for your advice, Steve.
    Didn't find the drive from Barcelona too bad, as Arinsal is quite a low lying resort, (as you only really climb for the last 15 kilometres).
    It was snowing a fair bit, whilst I was there, but didn't I need chains.
    Although, I should imagine the route to Arcalis, is a lot more difficult.
    Certainly, enjoyed my time in Arinsal and I will certainly return.
  • Hi Bob

Once across the border into Andorra you'll pass 3 sizeable supermarkets which usually all sell chains, or you can stop in Andorra la Vella. Normally the snow only gets serious once you're through La Massana and start to climb up to Arinsal, but saying that the roads are usually kept very clear. I'd just wait until the day and see what's happening weather-wise.

Steve
  • Driving from Barcelona to Arinsal

Bob UK

Driving from barcelona to arinsal for a short ski break, mid -Jan. Not sure that the hire car company offer snow chains.
    Just wonderered ,if there was a good place to hire/ buy them, near the Spain/Andorra border.
    Drove from carcassone to font romeu, last year, sans chaine, in a snowstorm and never again.
    I would prefer to have some, even if its only for 'peace of mind'.
    Finally, are the roads up to Arinsal, usually kept open and what historically is the weather like mid-Jan. (I have drove up to font romeu, loads of times, in jan/ feb, with little problem, but never to arinsal)>