Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
  • :Dblue
  • :O
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 5

• Hello Matt

This year the sledging will run as normal on Wednesdays however for the Christmas and New year week it will be on the Thursday instead.

You have the sledging and a hot drink of either Chocolate or mulled wine before heading down in the gondola. Its' 12€ an adult and 10€ a child.
    Are you coming on holiday with a Tour operator? If it's an activity they sell at the welcome meeting. If you're not then it's not dificult to locate a rep from one of the company's in the village to sell you tickets to join in.

Hayley :)
  • Arinsal by night

muttlee.matt74

HI Steve, thank 8) for all the advice on the different forums.Has there been any decisions about the arinsal by night for this season?
  • Hi Matt

Since Sarah's post it has changed to last year being a slimmed down sledging activity but the details for this winter are still to be confirmed. We'll know more in the second week of December if you want to check back then.

Steve
  • Arinsal by Night

muttlee.matt74

Just a quick Question - the afor mentioned Arinsal by Night sounds stunning and something our group would be interested in - can you please advise if this is still something that happens and if so who the best people to talk to are, we are arriving on the 29th December for the new year week.
    regards
    Matt Lee
  • Arinsal by Night

Sarah

Once the mountain closes it becomes a silent place, no screams from excited skiers or snowboarders, no sounds of turns being made, shapes being created. All you can hear is the occasional faint hum of the groomer’s heavily at work, creating perfectly straight lines, ready for the eager skiers and boarder first thing the following morning. The silence doesn’t last long, by at 10 past 5 every Wednesday Arinsal by Night begins.

I very quickly discovered this is not just an event for the younger ages, it’s an event for all. The evening starts with sledging down the mountain, the runs located either side of the magic carpet. The sledges are brightly coloured with breaks creating steering ability, don’t be fooled it’s surprising how quick they can go!! I even saw one guest pulling handbrake, backwards turns, intentional or not, it looked rather impressive!!

After about the 5/6 run I joined many of the others in the Panoramic's to warm up and a feast on a dinner of nachos and a jumbo hot dog. Dinner is served with a choice of mulled wine, beer, hot chocolate, soft drinks or water.

Like many others I personally chose to eat outside, sat around the roaring fires watching the sun set over the mountains, whilst listening to the Andorra Sound DJ. It’s truly one of the most beautiful sites, especially if you’re lucky enough to experience the mountains turn an amazing light candy floss pink colour, by far it’s one of favourite worldly views. :)

Once the sun has set and the sky has become dark, the ski school instructors preformed there magic. Emerging from the top of La Tossa run, they intertwined creating shapes and lines of fire, all in complete sequence, eventually coming to stop in front of the crowd to a round of applause.

The very last treat of the evening is the ride down the mountain in the gondola, a normally every day experience one would think, however it’s a rather magically experience seeing the village you’ve fallen in love with at night, the lights from the hotels and streets twinkling below in the night.

All in all a very enjoyable evening and certainly one I’d like to repeat before the end of the season. :)
    For those who have been inspired by my personal experience and would like to do the same speak to your holiday rep. The cost is €24 per adult and €17 per child, or if you're not with a tour operator you can book at the information desk at the top of the gondola.