Can confirm that is a nice route and much better than the one Google will give if you just tap in Barcelona to Arinsal and ask the man at the car hire place!
The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.
Beer sounds good!
You should be able to do it in about 3 hours, but up to 3 1/2 allowing for traffic etc.
Steve you are incredibe! We will have to meet up for a pint when we get there next week! Does it take long to get from the airport?
We've had a few people ask about driving from Barcelona so thought I'd add the route I take - it might not look the shortest on the map but works out best because it's good roads (and toll free).
- Leaving Barcelona you want the A2 in the direction of Lleida
- You'll see a sign for Andorra after not too long ... but ignore it!
- You want to come off at junction 523 (this is kilometre number 523) signed Cervera Sud **
- Very soon after take a right turn on the L311 signed Cervera & Guissona
- You'll come to a big roundabout - follow Cervera/Guissona/Ponts/Andorra
- Continue to Guissona then take the L313 signed Ponts (it's not signed Andorra)
- At Ponts, Andorra is signed on the C14 and will continue to be signed
- Once you've crossed the border in to Andorra follow signs for Ordino & La Massana
- From La Massana it is signed Arinsal