Discount Ski Hire & Snowboard Hire
If you're renting ski or snowboard equipment then we can help save you loads of money on your booking! For our Arinsal ski hire we work with Esports St Moritz to bring you a 30% discount on all rentals throughout the winter, as well as further great discounts if you book your whole package including rentals, lift pass and group lessons!
Arinsal - St Moritz Rental Shops
We work with St Moritz rental shops due to their reputation for excellent service and equipment. Also, they have three shops located throughout the village of Arinsal including one at the top of the gondola right next to the slopes, which means that we offer the best selection of shops for booking online!
Especially with families in mind, when you hire equipment in Arinsal for your children with Arinsal.co.uk, they will receive FREE rental of a helmet for the complete duration.
Just click the ski extras tab on the booking bar at the bottom of the page to visit the Arinsal.co.uk online shop. With Arinsal.co.uk, your booking is completely flexible - you can book your ski or snowboard hire from one day upwards and still benefit from the great discounts on offer. Whether you've booked your holiday with a tour operator and want the standard 6 days (Monday to Saturday) or if you've made your own independent arrangements, booking with Arinsal.co.uk makes sense, both for convenience and for your wallet.
When you book you will be able to log in to your customer area where you can download and print your vouchers. Simply present your rental voucher in your choice of rental shop and you will be fitted with your equipment.
Why Book With Arinsal.co.uk
Here are our top six reasons for booking you ski or snowboard hire through us:
- Save 30% off resort prices
- No booking fees or credit card fees
- Excellent choice of equipment at Sant Moritz rental shops
- Choice of three shops to collect from around the village including one up on the slopes
- Save even more money when you book your lift pass and lessons as well
- Collect your equipment the afternoon before your rental starts
Ski Hire & Snowboard Hire - Beginner Tips
When you come on holiday skiing or snowboarding, unless you go regularly enough to warrant purchasing your own equipment, you will probably want to hire skis and boots or a snowboard and boots for the duration of your holiday. Here are a few tips to help you get organised:
- Before you arrive, you need to make sure you know your weight and height, preferably in metric measurements however if you only know imperial measurements they should be able to convert them in the rental shop.
- The first thing you will do at the rental shop is have your boots fitted. It is really important to have correctly fitted boots to make sure you are safe and comfortable on the slopes. Snowboard boots are usually soft and fasten up with either laces or "dial up" where you twist a dial to tighten the boots, whereas ski boots are hard and usually fasten up with buckles. Whoever is fitting your boots will make sure they fit you properly before you move on to getting your skis or snowboard fitted.
- There are many different factors that come in to the length of skis or snowboard you will be given, including height, weight, and experience, then your bindings will be fitted to your boots. For snowboarders, you will need to know if you ride "regular" (left foot forward) or if you ride "goofy" (right foot forward). Your snowboard bindings will then be adjusted accordingly. Snowboard boots fit securely into the bindings and there should also be a leash attached to one of the bindings which you should wrap and clip around your leg when you ride. Ski bindings are adjusted to the length of your boot, and then the DIN setting is set according to your weight and experience. Ski bindings are designed to release the ski if enough pressure is applied, usually when you fall over!
- If you're skiing, the final things to pick up are your poles. With your boots on, turn your pole upside down, put your hand under the basket (plastic bit near the bottom), and your arm should be at a 90 degree angle.
- Rental equipment has serial numbers etched or stuck to them so it is worth making a note of your serial numbers to ensure that you keep track of your skis, snowboards and boots throughout your stay! This is particularly important to make sure your ski boots fit your bindings and that the bindings are set correctly. Also, your hire shop will check to make sure you have returned the correct equipment at the end of your stay.
Go To Shop
Here to Help
If you have any questions about booking your ski or snowboard hire with Arinsal.co.uk, have a look at the special section of our forum where you can find answers and ask any questions you may have.